The initial Pay Rates release introduces a new Pay Rates section under ‘Manage’ on the Dashboard. This new section will be dedicated to managing your studio’s pay rates and running payroll reports. Eventually, it will cater to a variety of pay rates and bonus structures.
For now, you have the ability to add base rates for classes and appointments and associate a trainer with a rate. So you have ultimate flexibility to assign different rates for different class types and for different trainer levels.
Note: Superadmins and Admins can add pay rates under the 'Manage' section.
This article will take you through:
- How to add pay rates
- How can I add a bonus?
- How to run the payroll report
- How to edit a pay rate
- What's next
How to add pay rates
- Navigate to the Manage tab, and click 'Pay rates'.
- On the Pay rates page, click '+ Pay rate'.
- Add the Pay Rate Name
- Select the trainers you want to assign to this pay rate
- Please note that a trainer can only be assigned to one pay rate group
- Select the classes and/or appointments from the dropdown menu and enter rates for one or multiple
- Click 'Save'
On the overview page, you will be able to see all of the pay rates you've set and how many class and appointment rates are associated with each one.
How can I add a bonus?
A trainer bonus can be added to any class.
- Navigate to the class pay rate
- Hit ‘+ bonus’
- Enter the class threshold and the bonus that should be paid per attendee once the threshold is hit
- Class threshold = 10 attendees
- Bonus = $2 per head
- Example calculation:
- Class attendees = 12
- Bonus total = $4 (since it is 2 attendees over the threshold)
Please note that the bonus will only take effect from the day it was added. So it won't be visible on the Payroll report for any period prior to the date it was added.
How to run the payroll report
Once you click on the ‘Run Payroll’ button and enter the specific date range, a CSV file can be downloaded with the event, pay rates, bookings and attendees. You can filter the report by individual trainers to make it easier to calculate the totals.
How to edit a pay rate
To edit a class or an appointment pay rate, follow the below steps. Please note, once an appointment or class base rate is changed, the new rate will be used from that day forward. The Payroll report will still use the previous rate for events in the past.
1. Click on any of the existing rates
2. Change the rate and hit 'Save'
3. View the updated rate on the overview, all reports from the present day will use the new rate
If you move a trainer from one pay group to another, please note that the trainer will now be associated with the new group, and the report will pull the new pay rates.
- You will still need to calculate the totals per trainer manually using the CSV file.
- There is a one-month period restriction on the Payroll download currently; you will not be able to download data for more than 1 month at a time.
- You need to be on the new version of Appointments to set appointment base rates
- It's possible to move a trainer from one group to another, the trainer will assume the rate of the new group on the reports.
- Bonus structure: the ability to add a class threshold and bonus per head