A course is a structured set of classes that start and end on a predefined date with set class times.
Benefits of a Course:
- Members pay for the entire course in advance as a once off purchase, helping you improve cash flow.
- Regardless of whether members attend a class or not, you have already been paid, eliminating the fear of cancelled bookings. This eliminates the lost revenue associated with cancelled bookings.
- By giving your members the option to purchase a course, you’re making their fitness regime more convenient as they don’t have to re-book and pay for class each and every week.
To create a new course, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to and Click the 'Manage' tab.
- Click on the 'Courses' tab.
- Click 'Add' button.
- Give your new course a name, description and image.
- Select the facility in which the course will take place and the trainer.
- Determine the payment plan for the course by distinguishing whether the course is free for all, has a single price or a custom price:
Single Price: You have the option to set a single course price for drop-ins and another course price for all members, no matter what membership they have purchased.
Different Prices: Here, you have the option to set exclusions on who can sign up for your course. When you exclude a particular membership type from a course, any member under this membership will be ineligible to purchase the course. Alternatively, if you wish to allow different memberships purchase the course at varying price rates, you can create custom prices for the course.
Advanced Settings - Private Mode
- Under the advanced settings, you can choose to set your course to Private. On private, the course becomes invisible to members so they cannot purchase it through your Member App or Website Portal.
- However, the course is still available in your Dashboard on your own end. This means you can still sell the course to members manually via the dashboard and report on the courses resulting revenue.
- You may wish to use this option for advanced courses, so that members must purchase the course over the phone or at the front desk. This gives you the chance to confirm that they are right for the course.
Setting up the Course Schedule
Once you have filled out the Details section, you can setup the course schedule. Click the ‘Schedule’ tab, which is located beside the details tab you are currently in.
- Choose the start and end date for your course.
- Select the days on which the course will occur.
- Set the course capacity.
- If your course has two classes on the same day, click the green ‘Add’ button beside the class time to add the alternative time.
- If the trainer, facility, level or capacity is different for this alternative time slot, click the ‘Cog’ button to edit these criteria.
- Click 'Save' button.
Members can purchase courses with ease through your Member App or Website Portal.
Having trouble? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help.