You can set up your free trial as a membership and restrict it to one purchase. Select the start date and enter end date
To create a one week free trial with a fixed date. Follow the steps below.
Set Up the Free Trial Membership Details
1. Navigate to the ‘Memberships’ tab and click ‘add’.
2. Name and describe your free trial membership. E.g. 1 Week Free Trial.
3. Click the ‘More’ button to reveal the advanced settings.
4. Turn on the ‘Restrict to One Purchase’ option.
5. Turn on the ‘Private’ membership option if you don’t want the free trial to be listed in your Member App or Website Portal. If ‘Private’ is turned on, you can still assign users to the free trial via your Dashboard.
3. Click ‘Next’.
Set Up a Free Trial Plan
1. Create your plan by clicking on the ‘plus’ icon.
2. Name your plan.
3. Select the type: Membership or Service Credits Package.
Payment frequency: Set to ‘Single’
Pricing: Set to ‘0’ or ‘No Charge’ FOR ‘1 week’ (or the selected duration of the free trial).
Services provided with plan: Unlimited or Restricted – this depends on what you would like the free trial user to have access to. If the user should be unable to book particular services, select ‘Restricted and add a service credit pack to determine what they should have access to. Be sure to set the expiry to the duration of the free trial.
Service Credits Package
Pricing: Set to ‘0’ or ‘No Charge’.
Add your Service Credits pack and select the services that the free trial user should have access to. Be sure to set the expiry to the duration of the free trial.
4. Click Save.
When assigning this membership to a user on the backend, you can select the start date for the free trial.
The free trial will expire one week (or however long you have set the expiry to) after the start date.