Your class may not appear in your Member App for 4 major reasons:
- The basic setup has not been completed
- The class is set to private
- The class has passed the set end date
- The class schedule has not been setup
Here are some things you can check to ensure the above isn't happening to you:
Have you completed the basic setup for your class?
If the basic setup for your class has not been completed, your class will not show in your Member App.
- Have you given your class a name, description and an image?
- Have you selected a facility for your class?
- Have you assigned a trainer to the class?
- Have you selected the class size?
- Have you selected a pricing plan for your class?
For more information on how to create a class, check out this article.
Have you set your class to private?
After completing the basic setup of your class, you have the option to select ‘Advanced’ settings. The advanced settings button is located beside the ‘save’ and ‘delete’ buttons.
- Have you enabled the ‘Private’ setting for your class? When a class is set to private, it will not appear in your Member App or on Website Portal. Members must call or book this class at the front desk. This feature is useful for advanced classes where a member’s performance level must be assessed before booking or for children’s classes.
- If you would like members to book this class through your Member App, toggle the private button to ‘off’.
For more information on how to set advanced settings, check out this article.
Has your class passed the set end date?
Under the ‘Advanced’ class settings, you have the option to set a start and end date for your class.
- Has your class passed the set end date? If you want your class to continue indefinitely, you can simply click ‘No End’ date.
Have you set up the class schedule?
Navigate to the ‘Schedule’ tab of the class, located beside the ‘Details’ tab where you completed the basic setup of your class.
- Have you selected the days on which your class occurs?
- Have you selected a time for your class on each day it occurs?
For more information on how to create a schedule, check out this article.
Still having trouble? Reach out to email@example.com and we can help.