A client may not receive push notifications from Studio for the following reasons:
- The client has turned off notifications
- The client has switched devices
- The client has chosen not to receive Marketing Emails and Push Notifications
The client has turned off notifications
When a client downloads your Member App, they must accept push notifications. If the member does not accept this option by clicking ‘ok’, notifications from your Studio will be disabled. Clients can also enable or disable push notifications in the app settings.
To check your mobiles notification settings:
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have 'Banners' selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
- Make sure your Banner style settings is set to "Persistent"
- Go to Settings > Notifications
- Select the Glofox app under Notification Style
- Choose 'persistent' under banner style.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications and then Notifications.
- Search then tap on the Glofox App.
- Pick the following options as your phone's defaults:
- Turn on notifications on the lock screen.
- Choose an attention-grabbing notification sound.
- Allow notifications on 'Do Not Disturb' mode
- turn on notification alerts on lock screen
- turn on notifications on 'do not disturb' modes for Android
- turn off 'Do Not Disturb' mode for Apple users
- allow 'persistent' Banner style for Apple users
The client has switched devices
Push notifications are only sent to the last device the client used. If the client is signed in on two different devices, only one of the devices will receive the message.
The client has chosen not to receive Marketing Emails and Push Notifications
If the client has chosen not to receive Marketing Emails and Push Notifications and you have not checked the box when sending the Push Notification to say the message is not a Marketing Emails and Push Notification, then the message will not go to them.
You can read more information about sending Push Notifications in this article.
Still having trouble? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help.