You will first need to connect the scanner to your computer or laptop. For instructions on this, see pages 2- 5 in this manual Honeywell Genesis 7580g
1. Once the scanner has been connected your laptop or PC, go to page 7 of the manual and scan the USB PC Keyboard barcode.
2. After this scan the suffice code on page 10: Add CR Suffix.
3. Test that the scanner is working by doing a Word Pad test.
- Open an editor such as Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc.
- Plug your barcode scanner into your computer
- Scan a member's barcode or any barcode of an item which you have close by
- The barcode number should appear on your word editor on screen
- If it appears on screen then your scanner has been configured
For more information on barcode scanning and access control, check out these: