This article will take you through;
- What is the View Payouts section?
- How to download the Payouts sections of your Revenue Report
- Columns on the Payout Report
- Next steps and additional information
What is the View Payouts option?
Included in your Revenue Report, there is a 'View Payouts' option in the far right-hand corner (see below).
This feature allows you to view the scheduled payouts which are on the way to your bank account via Stripe, as well as the estimated date when these payouts will arrive (see here for payout schedules for each region).
You can also view the recently deposited payouts via this feature. This shows you all payouts which have already arrived at your bank account.
The payouts report has 4 status possibilities.
A 'Failed' payout will never change status to 'Paid'. It will remain in 'Failed' and a new payout will need to be created. 'Scheduled' includes an expected date for the transfer of funds. This status can change to 'In-transit' if the expected scheduled date has not been met.
How to download the Payouts section of your Revenue Report
To locate the Payouts section of your Revenue Report, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard go to the 'Reports' tab
- On the far-right corner, you will see a button called 'Payouts', click this to see more information on the transactions and fees in the payout click ‘Download’ on the right side next to each payout date. Note that only deposited Payouts may be downloaded
The download shows each transaction included in the payout including refunds. Fees and refunds are represented as negative so you can sum across the gross amount and net amount columns to get the totals for that payout. For partial refunds, the amount refunded is reflected in the ‘Gross Amount’ and ‘Net Amount’ columns not the original transaction amount.
Information from the payout report is included in the transaction report to make reconciling the two easier. Read more on the transactions report here;
Columns on the Payout Report
- Transaction ID: unique identifier for that transaction
- Customer Name
- Customer Email
- Type: payment, payment_refund
- Gross Amount: the amount of the transaction
- Fees: this is the fee charged for the transaction
- Net Amount: Gross Amount less Fees. This is the amount paid into your bank account
- Payout Date: date of payout
- Date: transaction date (in UTC time zone)
- Time: transaction time (in UTC time zone)
- The figures in the 'View Payouts' section are minus transaction fees, so will not match up with the figures you see in the Revenue Report itself, as these are gross figures.
- This only includes payments processed via Stripe.
- Most banks deposit payouts into your bank account as soon as they are received, though some may take a few extra days to make them available. This means you could receive the funds a couple of days after the payout date.
Next steps and additional information
Once you've understood your reports, you might want to learn about our Sales Attribution feature. More on this below;
For additional support reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.