This article will take you through;
- What is the Transaction Report
- Understanding the 'Transaction Report'
- Using the 'Payout Report' data on the 'Transaction Report'
- Next steps and additional support
What is the ‘Transaction Report’
The Transaction report includes all of the transactions for your studio which can be exported into a CSV-formatted report for use in spreadsheet apps. Transaction activity includes charges, refunds, and failed payments. If you have Glofox Payments then the CSV download will include payout report data as well as fees and net amount to help with reconciling transactions against what’s in your bank account. The time frame of the report can be customized so you can view any time period.
To navigate to the 'Transaction' report from the dashboard follow these steps;
- Click on the 'Reports' tab
- Click on the 'Report List' tab
- On the left-hand side, scroll down until you see 'Revenue'
- Click on the 'Transaction' tab
Understanding the 'Transaction Report'
Once you have downloaded a CSV copy, open it up in a spreadsheet-like Google Spreadsheet or Microsoft Excel. To see your revenue over a selected period of time, sum the ‘Amount’ column. The amount paid to you during a transaction is reflected in the ‘Amount’ column with refunds as negative, complimentary transactions as zero and failed payments as zero. Therefore you can sum across all transactions without needing to filter out refunds, failed payments or complementary charges.
What information is on the report?
Some of this information is only available on the CSV download. You can access that by clicking ‘Download’ on the left-hand side.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Sold By: Which staff member sold the item, see [Sales Attribution knowledge base]
- Charge: item purchased e.g. the membership name, class name or item name
- Plan: membership name
- Type: type of charge e.g. Subscription Payment, Class Bookings, Failed Recurring Payment
- Method: Payment method
- Amount: Amount paid to the studio
- Failed amount: if a transaction fails then the value of the failed transaction is in this column. The Amount column will be 0.00 as you were not paid.
- Status: Indicates if the transaction was: PAID, FAILED, REFUNDED
If your studio is connected to Glofox Payments then you’ll also see:
- Fees: Glofox transaction fees if applicable
- Net amount: This is what will be deposited to you.
- Payout Date: The date of the payout report(link to Payout report KB) the transaction was included in
- Payout ID: The ID of the payout report where the transaction was paid
- Transaction ID: The transaction ID on the payout report
Using the ‘Payout Report’ data on the ‘Transaction’ report
Payout report data is only available on the transaction report for studios with Glofox Payments
- Check the ‘Payout Date’ column to see if a transaction has been paid
- To find a transaction from the ‘Transaction Report’ on the ‘Payout Report’ use the transaction ID from the ‘Transaction ID’ column
- To see what ‘Payout’ report a transaction was on, check either the ‘Payout Date’ or ‘Payout ID’.
Next steps and additional support
For additional support reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.