This article will take you through;
- What is the Transactions report
- Navigating to the Transactions report
- Understanding the Transactions report
- What columns are in the Transactions report
- Using the ‘Payout Report’ data on the Transactions report
- Next steps and additional support
What is the Transactions Report
The 'Transactions Report' includes all of the transactions for your studio, which can be exported into a CSV-formatted report for use in spreadsheet apps. Transaction activity includes charges, refunds, and failed payments. If you have Glofox Payments then the CSV download will include payout report data as well as fees and net amount to help with reconciling transactions against what’s in your bank account. The time frame of the report can be customized so you can view any time period.
Navigating to the Transactions Report
To navigate the 'Transactions' report from the dashboard follow these steps;
- Click on the 'Reports' tab
- Click on the 'Report List' tab
- On the left-hand side, scroll down until you see 'Revenue'
- Click on the 'Transaction' tab
Understanding the Transactions Report
When you download the 'Transactions Report' you will receive a CSV-formatted report which you can then open up in a spreadsheet-like Google Spreadsheet or Microsoft Excel.
To see your revenue over a selected period of time, sum the ‘Amount’ column. The amount paid to you during a transaction is reflected in the ‘Amount’ column with refunds as negative, complimentary transactions as zero and failed payments as zero. Therefore you can sum across all transactions without needing to filter out refunds, failed payments or complementary charges.
What columns are in the Transactions Report
Some of this information is only available on the CSV download. You can access that by clicking ‘Download’ on the left-hand side.
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Sold By: Which staff member sold the item (Beta)
- Charge: item purchased e.g. the membership name, class name or item name
- Plan: membership name
- Type: type of charge e.g. Recurring Payment, Class Bookings, Failed Recurring Payment
- Method: Payment method
- Amount: Amount paid to the studio
- Failed amount: if a transaction fails then the value of the failed transaction is in this column. The Amount column will be 0.00 as you were not paid.
- Status: Indicates if the transaction was: PAID, FAILED, REFUNDED
If your studio is connected to Glofox Payments then you’ll also see:
- Fees: Stripe fees. If you have other payment providers that charge fees they will not be reflected here and you will see a ‘-’ in the column for non-Stripe transactions
- Net amount: This is what will be deposited to you.
- Payout Date: The date of the payout report(link to Payout report KB) the transaction was included in. If this transaction will not show on a payout report, for example, a cash payment, then this will be ‘-’.
- Payout ID: The ID of the payout report where the transaction was paid
- Transaction ID: The transaction ID on the payout report
Using the Payout Report data on the Transactions report
Payout report data is only available on the transaction report for studios with Glofox Payments (Stripe);
- Check the ‘Payout Date’ column to see if a transaction has been paid
- To find a transaction from the ‘Transactions Report’ on the ‘Payout Report’ use the transaction ID from the ‘Transaction ID’ column
- To see what ‘Payout’ report a transaction was on, check either the ‘Payout Date’ or ‘Payout ID’.
Next steps and additional support
Find out more about the 'Failed Payment' report here;
For additional support reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.