This article will take you through;
- What is Mailchimp?
- How to Integrate Glofox with Mailchimp
- Troubleshooting Mailchimp Syncing
- Mailchimp price structure
- Next steps and additional support
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service.
Whether you’re just starting out or you're already a pro, Mailchimp's easy‑to‑use email builder has the tools you need to grow your business.
How to integrate Glofox with Mailchimp
To integrate Glofox and Mailchimp you must first collect two things from Mailchimp:
- An API key - This page explains how to get an API key from Mailchimp
- The Audience ID (Previously called List ID) - This page explains how to get the Audience ID
Once you have both, follow these steps;
- Click on the Settings icon in the bottom left of the dashboard
- Click on the 'Integrations' tab
- You will see the 'Send Emails through Mailchimp' section
- Enter your API key, and Mailchimp mailing list/Audience ID list
- Click 'Sync' and within 30 minutes, your Mailchimp list will be updated. (You do not need to stay on this page)
This will sync over all Clients in your Studio over to a list in Mailchimp
Troubleshooting Mailchimp Syncing
If you are not seeing your clients pull through into Mailchimp check these troubleshooting steps.
1. Ensure your API Key and Audience List are correct. They should look like the format below , with no full stops or spaces at the end. (Sometimes when copying and pasting across the number, you can have a space at the end of the number you paste.)
2. This can also happen when a required field in MailChimp (such as a telephone number) is not set in the member's account on Glofox.
Glofox will send the member's data to MailChimp but MailChimp won't allow the member's data to be saved because the required field was empty.
To remedy this, you will need to make sure that either:
- all the required fields needed by your MailChimp list are filled in the member's account in Glofox before syncing
2. you have marked the fields on your MailChimp list's settings as not required
- All leads and clients will sync over to Mailchimp, its not possible to specify only certain clients or just leads or members. To do this we reccomened downloading the clients or leads CSV and manually uploading it in Mailchimp
- Staff details will not sync to Mailchimp
- When a new member signs up or updates their preferences, this should update automatically in Mailchimp within a few minutes.
Mailchimp price structure
Our Mailchimp integration is only available to customers on one of our Gold or Platinum plans.
For more details on Mailchimp's pricing, see below:
Next steps and additional support
For further questions on Mailchimp, visit their support site here. To find out about GDPR and how it affects email marketing, read the below article;
For additional support, reach out to email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.