This article will take you through;
- An overview of migrating from Mindbody to Glofox
- What information can we migrate over from Mindbody to Glofox?
- What do we need from you to kick off the migration process?
- Next steps and additional support
An overview of migrating from Mindbody to Glofox
With more than 50% of our current customers transitioning to Glofox from Mindbody, we have extensive experience in making this move as smooth as possible for both your business and your members. Once you’ve become a Glofox customer, we will provide you with a dedicated Onboarding Manager. They will be responsible for all of your training, data-migrations, go-live, and anything else you might require to ensure your business is set up for success. With Glofox, you have two options when it comes to carrying over your data from your Mindbody account. We can accommodate a ‘Member Data’ only migration or ‘Member Data’ plus ‘Payment Data’ migration.
At Glofox, we have a four-step migration process;
As soon as you sign up with Glofox, you will have access to our on-demand product training.
In the ‘Glofox Learning Platform,’ you will be assigned a specific training course that matches the feature set included in your Glofox package. The course is comprised of a series of videos that are 3-5 minutes long, and they cover the various features of the Glofox software, which will be required for the successful setup and implementation of the Glofox software. The videos can be watched and re-watched in your own time, meaning that setup can be tailored to your schedule.
Transfer of Member and Membership Data
Timeline for migrations will depend partially on you and your current setup, however, Mindbody requires 30 days’ notice to release the credit card information and to cancel their services. Once released, your Onboarding Manager will inform you to pull the reports needed to extract data from Mindbody. We ask that you run through these reports with your team to make sure all of the information is accurate and up to date. This is the most important step of the migration process, as we want to make sure you have a smooth migration with no interruptions to your clients.
Setting up Glofox is easy, and we’re here to help every step of the way;
- Website Integration: Adding Glofox’s integration to your website is as easy as a copy and paste, but if you need help, our Website implementation team can do it for you.
- Member App/Standalone App: You will need to provide us with your logo and some images that you want to be displayed on your app, and then our team will take it from there.
- Dashboard Setup: After your training, you will be ready to set up the platform to suit your gym/studio’s requirements. This involves creating classes, courses, timetables, memberships, credit packs, store items, and much more. You can book your Onboarding Manager at any time via your onboarding website portal.
Transfer of Credit Card Data
Once your members’ data has been imported, our team will help you to transfer the relevant card data for use in Glofox. Stripe, who power Glofox Payments, receives the data from Mindbody, which is then matched to the correct member account.
The rollout of migration typically takes 4-6 weeks; however, this can vary depending on your deadline and payment provider and other contributing factors. As we are dependant on third parties to complete a migration we cannot guarantee your timeline won't change. If you have any queries or questions about switching over from Mindbody, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
What information can we migrate over from Mindbody to Glofox?
At present new Glofox customers can migrate the following information from their previous provider to ours;
- Existing client profiles and personal data, including lead status (i.e., Cold, Lead, Trial etc.), name, email, phone number, gender, DOB
- Existing payment methods of clients (Credit / Debit Card & Direct Debit)
What do we need from you to kick off the migration process
- Book in a meeting with your Glofox Onboarding Manager and they will discuss what's required with you.
- At Glofox we use Stripe for card payments, if you don’t, you will need to notify your payment provider that you are planning a switch. This generally takes 30 days as the provider will need a notice period. We will provide you with an email template to send over to them.
- At Glofox, we use GoCardless for Direct Debits. Unlike Stripe, we will not have access to your GoCardless account, so it is up to you to arrange this migration from your current provider to GoCardless.
- Then we will send you a ‘Member Import Template,’ which we will ask you to match up the report pulled from Mindbody. This ensures we are pulling the correct information for each client and that the new Glofox memberships match your old ones from Mindbody.
- We will then run through this sheet with you to ensure the memberships match up correctly and flag any potential issues or missing information.
- We will send you a ‘Customer Migration Sign-Off Form,’ but before signing it off, we ask that you take one last run through with your team to make sure that all of the information is accurate and up to date, and you are happy for us to proceed.
- We will then proceed with the migration and notify you once it has been completed.
Tips: Take this as an opportunity to clean up your database and only bring inactive leads or active members. Old Users can be stored in a google sheet or added to a system like Mailchimp in case you want to contact them in the future. A clean dashboard is much easier to manage.
- If switching to GoCardless, there is a regulatory requirement where you have to notify your members of your intention to change direct debit providers. This is usually done by sending an email to your clients.
- The length of time varies for a GoCardless switch, but it will be up to the GoCardless support team to advise you of this.
Next steps and additional support
Next steps after a migration, is to set up memberships, read more about that here:
Once your migration is complete, you will likely want to inform your clients of the switch. Read the article below for more on onboarding your clients.
For additional support, reach out to [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you.