This article will take you through;
- What e-agreements are available through Glofox
- How to set up e-agreements for your Gym or Studio
- Optional upgrade coming soon: Boost security with e-signatures
- Next steps and additional support
What e-agreements are available through Glofox
An e-agreement, also known as an Electronic Agreement, is an electronic exchange of agreements, in this case between you and your clients. Glofox e-agreements capture the agreement of documents (Waiver and Terms and Conditions) on Staff facing tools, i.e. The Dashboard, Glofox Pro, Email, and the Kiosk.
Your client will be prompted with an e-agreement on the Kiosk, Member App or Website Portal when they log into their profile.
- Waivers – Your clients must accept a waiver when they first register
- Membership Terms & Conditions – Clients must accept this every time they purchase a membership
These forms are similar to the e-agreements mentioned above, but they are not set up for required signatures. (More on this below)
- Drop-In Terms & Conditions – Drop-In clients must accept this when they make their first booking
- Parental Waiver – Parents/guardians must accept this for each child account that they set up.
You will only see an option for 'Parental Waiver' if you have family accounts enabled. This option is only available on select Glofox packages, for more information or to upgrade please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager.
How to set up e-agreements for your Gym or Studio
Setting up forms for your gym/studio is a painless process with Glofox. To set up, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, click on the ☰ icon on the top-right corner
- Click 'Settings'
- Click on the 'Forms' tab
- You will see a list of available forms
- Click the 'click to edit' button on the form you want to edit to make your updates
- Once you are satisfied, click 'Save Changes'
Glofox does not provide a template for terms and conditions. These are terms and conditions between you and your clients.
Optional upgrade coming soon: Boost protection with e-signatures
We have added additional protection features to e-agreements with mandatory e-signatures. E-signatures can be set up on Waivers and Membership Terms and Conditions only. When set up, these signatures will be mandatory for your Clients. Once one of these e-agreement has been signed, both you and your client will receive a copy via email and you will also be able to access the signed agreement from the client’s profile in Glofox Pro and the Dashboard.
The e-signature will also include the date of signature and a copy of the exact terms that were accepted. This can prove very useful if you have a dispute with a client on some of the terms they accepted.
- Capturing e-signatures and data in this way is an add-on feature. For more information, reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager or email us at email@example.com
- E-signatures can be captured on Waivers and Terms and Conditions only. At this point, Parental waivers or Drop-in Terms and conditions are only supported with electronic acceptance and cannot be electronically signed.
Why are e-signatures beneficial?
Previously, when you signed up a new client or processed a membership purchase, the client wasn’t required to accept the studio waiver or membership terms & conditions with an e-signature. If anything happened to your client without these forms being signed, you would find yourself in a tricky situation of whose right and whose wrong.
That’s why we have made it a priority to streamline this process for you, to ensure you and your clients are covered prior to engaging in any physical activity at your Gym or Studio.
Another benefit of e-signatures is that now your Gym or Studio has a way of tracking the exact terms that were accepted and on the exact date they were accepted. This helps you and your members know exactly what was said without question, thus, further enhancing your legal protection.
How to set up e-signatures
To set up e-agreements, follow these steps;
- First, if you would like to enhance your protection on e-agreements reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get this e-signature add-on set up on your account.
- Next, follow the steps outlined above to set up forms for your Gym or Studio
- The e-signature will automatically be added to your Waiver and Membership Terms and Conditions
Next steps and additional support
To get started with e-signatures, reach out to email@example.com.
For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.