This article will take you through;
- How to discount a Membership at the time of purchase
- How to discount a Recurring Membership for a client
- How to discount a Single Membership for a client
- How to discount a Membership all clients
- Next steps and additional support
How to discount a Membership at a time of purchase
You can now discount a member's 'Recurring Membership' fee at the time of purchase. When you edit a 'Recurring Membership', it will lock in pricing for that member for the duration of their membership. This provides many benefits to you and your studio, for example;
- You can now quickly and easily apply a discount at the time of purchase without having to create a new membership with a different set price
- You can offer the same membership plans at different prices to different people
- You can see if the current membership your member is on has been edited. You can also see retrospective memberships and if they were edited
- It will also help streamline your reporting with accurate information, which helps when looking at which memberships are the most, or least popular at your studio
How to discount a Recurring Membership at the time of purchase
You can now apply discounts to 'Recurring Memberships' at the time of purchase. To do that follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, go to the 'Manage' tab and then 'Clients' or use 'Global Search'
- Search for and select the client you want to assign a membership to
- Then search for the 'Recurring Membership' they want to purchase
- A pop up will appear with the purchase information
- To edit the price, simply click on the current price and enter the new value
- Once you are happy, click 'Proceed with Transaction'
- You will see the original price slashed and the new price reflected in the 'Membership' tab
- You will see the new and old price reflected in the 'Membership History' section of your client's profile
You can also edit the 'Upfront Fee' also known as the 'Joining Fee' using the same method. Read more about that in the article below;
How to discount a Single Membership at the time of purchase
The process for editing a 'Single Membership' is the same as a 'Recurring Membership' but the view will look slightly different. You will only see one price box instead of two, this is because you can't add an 'Upfront Fee' to a 'Single Membership. It's also important to note that the price box on 'Single Memberships' won't appear editable until you click on it. See below;
How to edit a Membership price for everyone
If you want to edit the price of a membership for everyone, and not just for one client, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, go to the 'Manage' tab and then 'Memberships' or use 'Global Search'
- Search for the 'Membership' you want to edit the price of
- Click 'Edit'
- Then go to the 'Plans' tab
- Change the price
- Click 'Save'
Changing the price from the 'Membership' tab will not affect members who have already purchased the membership, it will only affect those purchasing it from now on. Those on a 'Recurring Membership' will be locked into their original pricing. To change a client's 'Recurring Membership' price, you would be best canceling their current 'Recurring Membership' and creating and assigning them a new one.
Next steps and additional support
Want to know more about payment and memberships? Read the articles below;
For additional support, reach out to email@example.com , and we will be happy to assist you.