This article will take you through;
- How to create news articles for your Member App
- Adding images into your news articles
- Next steps and additional support
How to create news articles for your Member App
Adding news to your Member App is a great way to keep your members engaged with your gym/studio. You can keep your community motivated to come back again and again by sharing your fitness blog posts, recipes and training tips directly to your 'Member App' 'News Feed'.
To add 'News' to your 'Member App' or 'Standalone App', follow these steps;
- Go to 'Connect'
- Click on the 'News' tab
- Click '+Add'
- Select whether you would like to create a video or image post.
- If you select a video, enter the URL for the video
- If you select an image, upload the image file
- Give your news post a title
- Add descriptive tags to your post. For example; fitness, trending, blog, tips.
- Click 'Save'
It may take a few minutes for images to appear in your news articles.
Adding images into your news articles
It is possible to add an image to your 'News' article, however, it must be hosted on another site and linked in. To do that, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, go to the 'Connect' tab
- Then go the 'News' tab
- Click on the 'News' you want to edit (or add a new one)
- Now locate the image you want to add in online, for example, we've used the Glofox logo which is nested on the Glofox website
- Right-click on the image and select, 'Open Image in New Tab' (This verbiage might differ depending on the browser you are using)
- From the new tab, copy the URL of the image
- Go back to the 'Message' and click the icon representing an image
- Paste in the image URL, you will now see the image in your 'Message'
- Click 'Save'
Next steps and additional support
Once you have customized your 'Member App' or Standalone App', you will want to know how to onboard your client. Find out more about this below;
These apps are not available on all Glofox packages; for more information or to upgrade, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager. For additional support, reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.