This article will take you through;
- What is a Recurring Membership?
- How to edit the start date of a Recurring Membership
- How to change the member's Access before the payment starts
- Next steps and additional support
To set a member’s membership to start on a future date, follow these steps;
- Search for your client's name on 'Global Search' or find them within the 'Leads' or 'Clients' tab
- Go to the ‘Membership’ tab of their profile
- Click '+Add Membership'
- Scroll to the membership you want to add and click the date shown under 'Start date'.
- Choose the start date you want the membership to start on
- Click ‘Purchase’
The above process will mean both the 'Membership' and the 'Payment' will start on a future date. If you want to have the payment start on the future date e.g. 15th of next month, but you want your member to be able to attend classes before that, then you will need to go back to the 'Membership' after purchase and change the 'Start Date', which will allow access to your facilities before the payment kicks in.
How to change the member's access before the payment starts
To change the member's access to your facilities to start now (Before the first payment with Glofox kicks in) follow these steps;
- After purchase, click on the 'Start Date'
- Change the start date to your preferred start date (in this case change to today's date)
- Click the '✓' symbol to confirm
Now your member's payment will start on a future date, but they will have access from the 'Start Date' selected.
- You can only add a future payment date to 'Recurring Membership'. If you set a single payment membership to start in the future, the client will still be charged today.
- You cannot future start date pro-rated memberships. The client will always be charged the pro-rated amount today for the remainder of the month, and then they will be automatically charged on the 1st of the month going forward.
Next steps and additional supportIf you want to learn more about memberships, read the below articles;
For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.