This article will take you through;
- What is a scheduled membership cancelation?
- How to schedule a membership cancelation
- Next steps and additional support
- Scheduling the cancelation of a Recurring Membership is essentially giving a Recurring Membership an end date. Therefore, this feature only applies to those on a Recurring Membership with no end date. If you want to cancel a Recurring Membership with an end date earlier than scheduled, you can edit the end of that Membership.
- Scheduling a cancellation is only available to studios on Glofox Payments (Stripe)
What is a scheduled membership cancelation?
When you schedule a membership cancellation you are simply letting the system know that a particular member on a ‘Recurring Membership', will be ending their membership on a set future date. Once that date is reached the Membership will automatically expire.
This may be beneficial if you have a policy whereby you enforce a 30 or even 60-day notice before allowing a client to cancel their membership. Until now, you would have to do this manually by setting yourself a reminder to cancel 'x' days from the time a client came to you with a request to cancel.
With our latest feature, you can now schedule a cancellation, taking away the risk of forgetting and the effort of setting a reminder. Another benefit to this feature is the ability to easily schedule a ‘Recurring Membership’ cancellation in order to assign a 'Consecutive Membership'. You might want to do this if your client wants to switch their current membership type to another one after their next billing period.
- Currently, if you cancel in the middle of a member's payment cycle they will not pay pro-rata for that month. It is at your discretion how this will be handled. You might want to refund half of the payment back to your member manually or inform them that they will be canceling mid-membership, therefore, missing out on half of their membership.
How to schedule a membership cancellation
To schedule a membership cancellation, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, find your client's profile from the 'Clients' tab or 'Global Search'
- Click on the 'Membership' tab
- From your client's profile, go to the ‘Membership’ tab
- Click, ‘Cancel Membership’
- Click the 'Pick a date' option and input the date you want to cancel the membership on. (It’s also possible to cancel the membership immediately)
- Review the details and click 'Confirm Cancellation'
- You will now see the new dates reflected in the membership profile slideout, the date you selected will now be displayed as the ‘end date’
Your member will remain on the Recurring payment schedule until the expiry date
Next steps and additional support
Want advice on membership fees? Read the below blogs;
For additional support, reach out to email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.