This article will take you through;
How to refund a Membership
Membership refunds are simple with Glofox. In the event that you need to refund a membership, follow these steps:
- Search for your Member using Global Search or (alternatively, go to the 'Client' tab to search for them)
- Click on the Members name to open their profile
- Click on the 'Transactions' tab to see all the payments that member has made
- Click the three dots located to the right-hand side of the payment you want to refund
- Click the 'Refund' button and then 'Refund' again to confirm
If the membership payment was made by credit/debit card, the refund will be processed and returned to the member’s card (Credit and Debit card payments will take approximately 1-2 days but can take as long as 14 days depending on their bank) If the payment was made by cash, simply return the cash amount to the member.
How to partial refund a Membership
Partial refunds in Glofox are also easy. To do so, follow these steps;
- To refund part of the payment follow the steps outlined above and after you click 'Refund', type in a number (less than the payment amount!) and click 'Refund' again
- You can partially refund a payment multiple times once the total refund value does not exceed the payment amount
- The gif below shows €5 being refunded of a €15 charge
Credit and Debit card payments will take approximately 1-2 days but can take as long as 14 days depending on their bank. If the payment was made by cash, simply return the cash amount to the member.
Next steps and additional support
For more tips on communicating with your clients during this time, check out our COVID-19 Resources page:
For additional support, reach out to [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you.