This article will take you through;
- How to add video content to your Member App
- How to increase engagement on Community articles
- Next steps and additional support
How to add video content to your Member App
In light of the recent developments around COVID-19, you may be wondering the best to keep your clients engaged during this difficult time. Why not offer some at-home training to compensate closures? Adding video content to the Community section of your Member App is a great way to do this.
We found the best practice when pausing a membership, is to offer content (like at-home workouts) for free in the interim to ensure your clients come running back as soon as your doors open again. You could also keep your community motivated by sharing your fitness blog posts, recipes and training tips.
If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager.
To add 'Community' content to your 'Member App' or 'Standalone App', follow these steps;
- From the dashboard, go to the 'Connect' tab
- Click on the 'Community' tab
- Click '+Add'
- Select video and enter the video URL (Must be hosted on another site, e.g. YouTube)
- Give your post a title
- Add descriptive tags to your post. For example; Home Workout, HIIT, Recipe, etc. (Tags will help your members find what they're searching for with ease)
- Click 'Save'
It may take a few minutes for images and videos to appear in your community articles. If you are having issues, try clearing your cache and hitting refresh.
How to increase engagement on Community articles
Once you are happy with your Community article, you can send a Push Message to your Clients to let them know it's there. To do this, follow these steps;
|You can send a push notification with ease from any tab of the dashboard. To do that, click the speech bubble in the top right corner of the screen and a pop-up box will appear.|
Push messages marked as 'marketing messages' will not send to clients that have opted out to receive marketing messages. Push messages will also not send to those that don't have a working phone number or Member App set up.
After clicking the bubble button mentioned above, continue to these steps;
- From the drop-down menu beside 'Send this message to,' you should select 'Send to everyone.'
- Write your message e.g., 'Free Home Workout Available Now!, Or 'Urgent - Gym Closure Update' and let them know your Video/Article is available in the Community section of their Member App
- Decide if this is a marketing message or not
- Click 'Send'
Next steps and additional support
For more tips on communicating with your clients during this time, check out our COVID-19 Resources page:
Thes Member App and Standalone App are not available on all Glofox packages; for more information or to upgrade, please contact us at email@example.com or reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager. For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.