This article will take you through;
- The new Member App
- New features on the Member App
- Making the most of the new Member App
- Next steps and additional support
The new Member App
The new Member App has just begun rolling out! That means soon enough your members will have an even better experience when interacting with your Gym or Studio. You won't need to do anything to get this new app to your members, over the next couple of weeks your members will either;
- See an 'update' button that they must click in the App Store or Google Play (If their mobiles auto-updates are switched off) Version (8.2.6) or higher
- Automatically receive an updated app when it's available to them (If their auto-updates are switched on)
New features on the Member App
Quicker bookings, frictionless login, and powerful branding - this update has it all. Your members can now book your classes - 33% faster than before with the new quick-booking feature. Even logging into the app is faster with support for biometric login using a fingerprint or a face scan. Do it all fully immersed in your studio’s brand.
We have made several performance enhancements to the app meaning everything is faster, more reliable, and more user-friendly;
- Quicker and easier to book multiple classes
- Improved purchasing and payment method management with a brand new Cart
- Improved Calendar to encourage your members to start booking right away
- New look and feel including a new ‘Classes, Courses and Appointments’ layout to make your app more on-brand than ever before
- New biometric security feature for quicker logins - fingerprint and face scan
Quicker Class Bookings
The new two-click booking allows your members to enroll in a class 33% faster than before. This quicker process also applies when canceling a session or joining a waitlist so that you can provide a streamlined booking experience to your members.
Branded Booking Experience
Immerse your members in your brand and enhance brand recognition with the Glofox Member App. This update means there is a new-look Courses, Classes, and Appointments layout which provides you with more opportunities to incorporate your brand colors and images and ensure your studio's branding is consistent across all platforms, both on iOS and Android. Quickly and easily switch up the colors of your app until you find the perfect fit for your studio and update images to create the look and feel that will resonate most with your members.
Provide convenience to your members with a simplified login process. Once your members have completed their initial login, they can choose to continue logging into your member app using touch ID or facial recognition. This feature is available on both iOS and Android but will depend on your members' phone's capabilities.
Making the most of the new Member App
Picking the right colors
If you are setting up your Member App for the first time, you will need to choose three colors that best represent your brand. To select your colors, follow these steps;
- Click the three horizontal lines on the top-right corner of the dashboard
- Then click on 'Member App'
- From here, select your 'Primary', 'Secondary' and 'tertiary' colors
- When you're happy, click save
We've made improvements to the color picker to ensure that your text is always legible to your members. When it comes to the setup, nothing has changed. Once you select your three colors, the app does all the work. And the results look a little something like this:
What if you wanted to change the color palette you're using? While the theory of combining colors can get complex quickly, its practical application is made easy with a few free-to-use tools.
This color wheel app - https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/ - helps you create color palettes based on a dominant color. Select a predefined combination that produces harmonious or contrasting palettes, and copy the values into the Glofox Dashboard for instant impact and perfect brand feel.
Working with images
The new Member App update displays images next to your classes, courses, and appointments. This helps create a unique experience for your brand and makes it easier for your members to find their favorites or find something new.
To make the most of your Member App you should take some time to consider the imagery you put on it. A well thought out image can make you stand out from the crowd.
If you don't have any appropriate images to use, try using one of the following stock image websites;
Once you’ve downloaded a selection of photos you’d like to use, you’ll notice some of them are quite big. Large images take longer to download and slow the app down, so we recommend resizing them to approximately 1000px wide and using landscape rather than portrait format.
You don’t have to have image editing software installed to do this – try these free services to resize and crop the photos to your liking:
- Images should be uploaded as a png or jpg format
- We recommend uploading images that are less than 400kb to ensure quick loading for your client
- The image must be no bigger than 1MB or it will cause the app to crash Max image size is 1000 x 1000 pixels
Next steps and additional support
The Member app is not available on all Glofox packages; for more information or to upgrade, please contact us at [email protected] or reach out to your Glofox Onboarding Manager.
For additional support, reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.