This article will take you through,
- What are Classes and Schedules?
- How to set up a Glofox Live Class
- How to set up a Schedule for Live Classes
- Next steps and additional support
What are Classes and Schedules?
A regular class:
A class is defined as; a group of exercises created and hosted by you with a date and time, facility, trainer, and capacity that can be booked by clients on an ad-hoc basis, without a long term commitment.
A Glofox Live Class:
A class that is set up for Live Workout Streaming, is similar to the ordinary face-to-face class mentioned above, however, a link to the Live Workout is given to your client prior to the scheduled date and time set by you. The client will then view this workout via a laptop, computer, tablet or phone and will complete the class in a setting of their choice.
A schedule is the days and times that your Classes occur.
How to set up a Glofox Live Class
We are currently rolling out a feature that will streamline the process for live-streaming classes. You may have been asked to join a beta to gain early access to this feature. If so, continue reading this article and visit the following article for more information;
If you are not on the beta, you will continue to create classes and schedules as normal until we do a full rollout. Until then you will then send your live stream link to your clients manually. Visit the following articles for more information on this;
To set up a Glofox Live Class, follow these steps;
Once you have been added to the beta, we’ll organize a demo with you - this is one hour-long and we insist on you watching it to get a full understanding of how it works. It also compliments the instructions outlined below;
- First, we grant you access to the beta
- You will then create a new Facility - It must be named Online and the description must read (Live) - the category and visibility are not important. Do not edit or delete this facility
- Next, you’ll need to turn on the templated message called ‘Online Booking Confirmation.’ To do, follow these steps;
- From the dashboard go the the ‘Connect’ tab
- Then click on ‘Messages’
- Then scroll down to ‘Online Booking Confirmation’ and toggle it on
- You can edit this message to suit your brand and company ethos. If you’re planning on streaming with Zoom (recommended), we suggest you add in information on how to join a Zoom class. Here’s a handy PDF guide you can link them too: How to Join a Zoom Class
- Lastly, make sure to check that the email includes the ‘Glofox Live Class’ link. This is the part that redirects to your class link later. This link should already be a part of the message. Please do not remove it.
Editing an existing class is the fastest way to modify classes, but you will have to (in the beta) ensure that members that have signed up BEFORE your changes are made receive the zoom link from you manually. The beta does not send confirmation emails to members who had booked into the class before it was switched to an Online Facility.
Setting an End Date (Manage>Classes>Advanced) on your classes that have a physical facility, and then creating a new series of classes with an ‘Online’ facility is another way to manage this transition. Members will have to re-book (or you will have to re-book members) to the new class with the ‘Online’ facility.
- Next, you’re going to either; create new classes using the ‘Online’ facility, or you will edit your existing classes with the ‘Online’ Facility. To do that follow these steps;
- From the dashboard go the ‘Manage’ tab
- Then click on ‘Classes,’ now you’ll set up a class as usual but when you get to ‘Facility’ make sure to select ‘Online’
- Continue setting up the class schedule and price plan as usual. Visit this article for more information on how to set up a Class schedule: How to Create a Class Schedule of Live Workouts.
- To change an existing class to a Live Class, edit the class and switch the facility to Online and input (Live) in the Class description.
- If you make this change from the calendar view you will only affect that particular class. If you make the change from ‘Manage’ > ‘Classes, you will have an option to change all of this class type by clicking ‘Assign to All’
How to set up a Schedule for Live Classes
If you're setting up new classes, you will also want to create a schedule for those classes. To set up your class schedule, follow these steps:
- From the class description, select the 'Schedule' tab
- Then input days you want your new class to occur
- Set the times the classes are on
- If the same class is on two times in one day, click the 'Add' button beside the class time
- If the trainer, level, or capacity is different for a one-time slot, click the 'Cog' button for more options
- Click 'Save'
- If you want this class to be non-recurring (one day only), set the start date and end date to the same day
How to add your live stream link to your Class
To add the live stream link, you must first locate the class. You can do this by using 'Global Search', finding it on the homepage of the dashboard, or by using the calendar page to locate it. Once located click 'edit' and enter the link into the 'Class URL' box.
Next steps and additional support
Once you have 'Classes' figured out, you might want to learn about the best ways to host your Live Workout Class and tips for making your Video Stream look professional;
- How to Run Live Workout Streams With Zoom
- How to Run Live Workout Streams with YouTube Live
- How to Stream Copyrighted Music Legally in Your Zoom or YouTube Live Workouts
For additional support, reach out to email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.