This article will take you through;
A Pause on a Membership is the action of pausing a member's access and payments for a period. Pause is sometimes referred to as a hold, freeze or suspend.
You may need to Pause some of your memberships due to the outbreak of COVID-19, a holiday, or an injury. We've made that process as easy as possible for you. Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to bulk Pause Memberships so this process will have to be completed manually.
For more information on pausing various Membership types, visit this article;
How to modify a pause on a Membership
There may be times when you need to modify the pause duration, for example, your member might return earlier than expected from a trip or your gym might re-open from a closure. This is often known as 'unpause'. Or, your Member might want to extend their pause to a date in the future.
Previously, you were able to change the date a member returned from a pause, but this didn’t affect the payment schedule. Now, by modifying the pause duration, you can also ensure the payment dates are updated.
You cannot modify a pause to finish 'today', the earliest the member can return from a modified pause is tomorrow. So in other words the last Paused day will be today and the Membership will Unpause tomorrow.
To modify a pause, follow these steps;
- Search for your member using Global Search or via the 'Client' tab
- On their profile, click 'Membership'
- Click on the ‘Modify Pause Duration’ button
- Input the new start date and click 'Save'
You cannot modify a Pause duration on the following Memberships;
- Restricted Memberships
- Single Memberships - Single Memberships have no recurring payments, therefore, cannot be paused or unpaused
- Memberships that charge from the 1st of the month - These Memberships are charged pro-rata, therefore, cannot be paused or unpaused
Next steps and additional support
To find out more about 'Memberships' read the articles below;
- Setting up Single vs. Recurring Memberships
- Setting up a Consecutive Membership
- Setting up a Credit Pack
- Setting up a Restricted Services Membership
For additional support, reach out to email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.