New: How to Use Account Balance for Recurring Memberships
- What is Account Balance
- Using Account Balance for Recurring Memberships
- Pending, Failed and Refunded Transactions using Partial Account Balance
- Next steps and additional support
What is Account Balance
The account balance behaves like a virtual wallet that can be topped up by staff on behalf of a client. The resulting credit can be used to make purchases within the Glofox ecosystem.
With the latest updates, any amount in the Account Balance can now be used towards the first or subsequent payment for recurring unlimited and recurring restricted memberships.
- The positive Account Balance can now be used towards full or partial payments
- If you want the Account Balance to be used towards subscription payments, please ensure the 'Yes, use Account Balance first' is selected on the Payment Settings tab
- A Partial Account Balance can only be used towards unlimited and restricted recurring membership subscriptions (single memberships and upfront fees are not supported yet)
For more information on Account Balance and how to set it up, see the following article:
Using Account Balance for Recurring Membership
It's now possible to use a positive Account Balance for Recurring Memberships. To allow this, ensure that you have Account Balance as part of your Glofox package and then switch it on from the payments settings by going to the Menu icon > Settings > Payments > Account Balance
To pay with Account Balance as the only payment method, follow the steps below:
- Add a recurring membership to the cart
- Select 'Account Balance' as the primary payment method (if the payment method selected is 'Account Balance' the member must have the full amount to cover the initial subscription payment, if there is only a partial amount in the client's Account Balance see the steps below)
- Hit 'Proceed with transaction'
- View the transactions tab, the correct amount should be deducted from the client's Account Balance
To use a partial amount in a client's Account Balance towards a subscription payment, follow the steps below:
- Add a recurring membership to the cart
- Select 'Card' or 'Direct Debit'
- The amount available in the client's Account Balance will be automatically taken and visible in the cart breakdown. The remaining will be charged to the Card or Direct Debit
- Navigate to the 'Transactions' tab, the transaction card should show a breakdown of the amount taken from the Card or Direct Debit and the Account Balance
- For transactions using Card/Direct Debit and Partial Account Balance, the revenue increase on the Revenue report will be proportional to the amount that was taken from the primary payment method as the account balance would have been reported previously upon top-up
- Clients will need to speak to their Studio to find out how much they have in their Account Balance
- Transactions using Account Balance can only be processed by a member of staff
Pending, Failed and Refunded Transactions using Partial Account Balance
What happens if the primary payment method goes into a pending state?
If the primary payment method (i.e. Card or Direct Debit) goes into a pending state, the account balance will be taken and the card on the 'Transactions' tab will show as orange.
What happens if it goes from pending to a failed payment?
The card on the 'Transactions' tab will show as failed (red) and the amount that was taken from the Account Balance will be returned.
What happens if the transaction using Card/DD and Partial Account Balance is refunded?
The amount that was charged to the Card or Direct Debit will be refunded and the amount taken from the Account Balance will be returned to the customer.
How can the Account Balance benefit your studio/club and your members?
There are many scenarios where using a positive Account Balance for Recurring Memberships might come in handy.
- Friend referrals - giving 50% off the next month's subscription payment as a thank you for referring a member. This can be achieved by adding a complimentary Account Balance. It will be automatically used towards the next payment (if this setting is enabled)
- A reward for winning a competition - simply add a complimentary Account Balance and it can be used towards the next membership purchase or next subscription payment
- Gift vouchers - credit can be added to an Account Balance as a gift for someone, see the following article for more information: An Overview of Account Balance and How to Set It up for Your Client
Next steps and additional support
Account Balance is not available on all Glofox packages. For more information or to upgrade, reach out to us at email@example.com
For more information on Account Balance and how to set it up, read the following article: