This article will take you through;
- What is a Trial Membership?
- How to Set up a Trial Membership
- When will a clients' status change to Trial?
- Next steps and additional support
What is a Trial Membership?
A 'Trial Membership' is the same as any other membership, but it's generally used to target your 'Leads' and convert them to a 'Trial' status. Once on a 'Trial Membership', your prospective clients are more likely to step foot in your gym. From here, you have a much better chance at converting them to recurring, paying members.
There are many ways you can set up a Trial Membership, for example;
- 1 week free unlimited classes
- 7 days for €7
- 30 days at the reduced rate off 'x'
The 'Trial Membership' options are endless. Consider offering a higher price with a higher value as an intro offer and guarantee results to ensure your prospective clients see value in your services. Which, in turn, will increase sign-ups and retention. For more on this, read our blog on 'Why the Free Gym Trial is Dead'.
How to Set up a Trial Membership
Setting up a 'Trial Membership' is the same as setting up any other 'Membership'. To get started, follow these steps;
- From the 'Dashboard', go to 'Manage' tab
- From here click the 'Memberships' tab
- Click the '+Add' button, on the top-right corner
- Input the membership details on the 'Details' tab e.g. name, description, price, etc.
- Once you have your 'Membership' information set up, hit the 'Advanced Settings' button
- Here you will find a box that says, 'Trial', click this
- If you want to ensure members can only redeem one complimentary membership toggle on 'Restrict to One Purchase Per Client'
- If you wish to allocate clients to this membership yourself manually toggle on 'Private' (When this option is chosen, the membership will not be shown anywhere other than on your dashboard)
- If you have multiple locations and 'Roaming' set up, you can choose to set the membership to a roaming one. Once enabled, select the other studios that you own from the list that appears. This will be the studios that this 'Trial Membership' can be used in
- Once you have the details set up, you can click on the 'Plans' tab to set up the payment plan before saving
For more information on setting up payment plans, read the below article;
When will a clients' status change to Trial?
One of the key benefits of using 'Trial Memberships' is the ability to monitor and track your 'Lead' conversion. When a new lead signs up to a 'Trial Membership' their status will automatically change from 'Lead' to 'Trial' in the 'Lead' tab on your dashboard. You will also see this change reflected in their member profile, under the 'Details' tab.
- If the membership type is updated to 'Trial' after purchase, your clients' status will not be updated from 'Lead' to 'Trial'
- The 'Lead' tab isn't available on all Glofox packages, for more information or to upgrade please contact us at [email protected]
Next steps and additional support
To find out more about the 'Lead' traffic light system, read the below article;
For additional support, reach out to [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you.