This article will take you through;
- What is Tax Inclusive Sales Tax?
- How to Configure Sales Tax in Glofox for Tax-Inclusive Gyms
- How to Create and Assign Tax Rate
- How to Edit a Tax Rate
- Next steps and additional support
What is Tax Inclusive Sales Tax?
This article will take you through how to configure Sales Tax for Tax-Inclusive regions, i.e. customers outside of the US and Canada. Tax-Inclusive means that your business’s displayed prices include tax and no more taxes will be added to the subtotal of sales at checkout. For more information, you can check out our guide to Sales Tax in Glofox and our handy FAQ.
How to Configure Sales Tax in Glofox for Tax-Inclusive Gyms
For new Glofox customers, your onboarding manager will configure the correct tax mode for you, for example, if you are in a Tax-Inclusive region then your taxes will be set to include taxes by default.
If you are an existing customer and would like to switch tax modes, please speak to our customer support team and who will assist you with the transfer.
How to Create and Assign a Tax Rate
The steps below outline how to create a new tax rate in Glofox.
- From the Glofox dashboard, click the settings icon in the bottom left of the screen
- Then click ‘Settings’
- Then click the ‘Tax’ tab
- In the ‘Tax rates’ section, click ‘Add tax rate’
- Choose a ‘Tax rate name’ and a tax ‘Rate(%)’
- Select the product and service this new Tax Rate applies to
- If you want that rate automatically applied to new products/services , ensure the toggle is set to 'On' in the 'Apply to new items' section
- Click ‘Save and close’
When creating or editing your tax rates you have the opportunity to automatically assign the tax to all new products and services if desired. If you would like the tax rate applied to all future products, classes, memberships etc., just go ahead and activate the toggle in the 'Apply to new items' section. Please note, if the toggle is not enabled, you can easily or edit the taxes on the product and services page during the initial set up.
Below is an example of how you can apply Sales Tax when creating a membership. It's now possible to add taxes on the product and service pages.
How to Edit an Existing Tax Rate
The steps below outline how to edit tax rates for the products and services that you sell.
- Go to the ‘Tax’ settings page in Glofox
- Scroll down to the ‘Tax Rates’ section
- Click ‘Edit’ next to the Tax Rate that you would like to edit
- Change the tax name rate, or what its assigned to
- Click the ‘Save’ button
A tax breakdown will be provided to your customers when they add a product or service to their cart. It will also be available on the customer's sales receipt which they will receive by email. You can view the tax breakdown of all sales by exporting or downloading any of your transactions reports.
Next steps and additional support
Be sure to follow the guidelines outlined above to ensure that taxes are applied correctly whether you are operating in a Tax-Inclusive or Tax-Exclusive region.
If you have any more questions about setting up tax rates in Glofox, you can check out our FAQ.
For additional support reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.