This article will take you through;
- What is Tax-Exclusive Sales Tax?
- How to Configure Sales Tax in Glofox for Tax-Exclusive Gyms
- How to Create and Assign Tax Rate
- How to Edit an Existing Tax Rate
- Next steps and additional support
What is Tax-Exclusive Sales Tax?
This article will take you through how to configure Sales Tax for Tax-Exclusive regions, i.e. US and Canada. Tax-Exclusive means that your business’s displayed prices do not include tax and tax will only be added to the subtotal of sales at checkout. For more information, you can check out our guide to Sales Tax in Glofox and our handy FAQ.
How to Configure Sales Tax in Glofox for Tax-Exclusive Businesses
For new Glofox customers, your onboarding manager will configure the correct tax mode for you, for example, if you are in a Tax-Exclusive region then your taxes will be set to exclude taxes by default.
If you are an existing customer set up as Tax-Inclusive at the moment, and wish to transfer to Tax-Exclusive, this may affect the price of your existing subscriptions, so please reach out and a Glofox admin will guide you through the process.
How to Create and Assign a Tax Rate
The steps below outline how to create a new tax rate in Glofox.
- From the Glofox dashboard, click the settings icon on the top-right-hand corner of the screen
- Then click ‘Settings’
- Then click the ‘Tax’ tab
- In the ‘Tax rates’ section, click ‘Add tax rate’
- Choose a ‘Tax rate name’ and a tax ‘Rate(%)’
- Select the product and service this new Tax Rate applies to
- If you want that rate automatically applied to new products/services, ensure the toggle is activated in the 'Apply to new items' section
- Click ‘Save and close’
When creating or editing your tax rates you have the opportunity to automatically assign the tax to all new products and services if desired. If you would like the tax rate applied to all future products, classes, memberships etc., just go ahead and activate the toggle in the 'Apply to new items' section. Please note, if this toggle is not enabled, you will need to access the Tax Settings page after membership/product creation to apply the correct tax rate.
How to Edit an Existing Tax Rate
The steps below outline how to edit tax rates for the products and services that you sell.
- Go to the ‘Tax’ settings page in Glofox
- Scroll down to the ‘Tax Rates’ section
- Click ‘Edit’ next to the Tax Rate that you would like to edit
- Change the tax name rate, or what its assigned to
- Click the ‘Save’ button
A tax breakdown will be provided to your customers when they add a product or service to their cart. It will also be available on the customer's sales receipt which they will receive by email. You can view the tax breakdown of all sales by exporting or downloading any of your transactions reports.
Next steps and additional support
Be sure to follow the guidelines outlined above to ensure that taxes are applied correctly.
If you have any more questions about setting up tax rates in Glofox, you can check out our FAQ.
For additional support reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.