This article will take you through;
What is Search by Barcode?
You can now search for your clients from the Glofox dashboard using their barcode number.
As each client's barcode number is unique, this makes it easier than ever to identify a client if a lost access card is handed in at reception. It also reduces confusion over entering a client's name into the system when it might be misheard or misspelled.
In order to search for your clients by their barcode number, you should ensure that each client has a barcode number assigned to their member profile in Glofox.
How to use Search by Barcode
To search for a client or member by their barcode number, you should follow the steps outlined below;
- From the Glofox dashboard, locate the "Global Search" field in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Enter the barcode of the client you are looking for
- Click on the client's name that appears
- This will open the member profile for that client. You can find out more about the client by clicking the 'Details' tab.
- You must enter at least the first 4 digits of the barcode to begin a valid search.
- Wherever you can search for a customer by email or name, you can now search for them by barcode.
- This is an early rollout of the Search by Barcode feature. More functionality will be available over the coming months to enhance your experience.
Next steps and additional support
If you’d like to learn more about Global search, barcodes, and scanners, you can check out our resources below. Why does a Member not have a Barcode assigned to them?
- What is Global Search?
- How to Set up Barcodes and Scanners
- Purchasing Alternative Barcodes
- How do I assign a Client a Barcode?
- Why does a Member not have a Barcode assigned to them?
For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.