This article will take you through;
What are Discounts?
Discounts allow you to offer any of your products and services at a reduced price to incentivize clients to make a purchase. Any discount that is applied to a sale will be visible in the checkout, on the client's receipt, and in your transactions reports.
- Discounts can be used on store products, classes, courses, facilities, credit packs, and membership subscriptions - option to add it to the full duration of a subscription or certain cycles at the start of a subscription.
- The discount will not override the floor price if you have one set, however, it will be feasible to apply a 100% discount if desired and this will override it.
- Discount codes are not yet available.
- Discounts can only be applied by gym staff from the Glofox dashboard. Discounts cannot be applied from Glofox Pro or the Member App at present.
- At present, in order to set up any new discount rates, you should reach out to email@example.com with the name of the discount as well as the percentage of the discount and our team will be happy to enable it for you. Our team is working on making it possible for you to create discount rates yourself and this feature should be available in the future.
How to apply Discounts in Glofox
Once you have a discount rate set up in Glofox you can easily apply it to any of the goods and services that you sell. Below, you'll find the steps for how to apply a discount to the sale of a membership.
- From the Glofox dashboard, click 'Manage'
- Then, click the 'Clients' tab
- Locate your client's profile from the 'Clients' list or use 'Global Search'
- Once you've located the client, click on their name to pull up their client profile
- Click the 'Membership' tab
- Click 'Add Membership +"
- Select a membership and click 'Purchase'
- Under 'Discount', select a discount rate from the dropdown menu
- Select a 'Payment Method' and click 'Proceed with Transaction'
The purchase will now be processed with the discount applied. Your client will receive a receipt including discount details. You can view details of the sale from the 'Transactions' tab of their client profile or via your transactions reports.
Next steps and additional support
For more information on updating the prices of the goods and services that you sell through Glofox, you can check out the resources below.
- How to Update Prices in Glofox
- How to Edit Membership Prices
- How to Edit Class Prices
- How to Edit Course Prices
- How to Edit Facility Prices
- How to Edit Trainer Prices
For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will be happy to assist you.