This article will take you through;
- What are Consecutive Memberships?
- Why use Consecutive Memberships?
- Requirements for Consecutive Memberships
- How to set up Consecutive Memberships
- Next steps and additional support
What is a Consecutive Membership?
A 'Consecutive Membership' is a membership that is purchased by a client who is already on an existing plan. This newly purchased consecutive membership will start immediately after the client's current membership ends.
Why use Consecutive Memberships?
'Consecutive Memberships' are a great way to retain clients. If you sell a client a new membership in advance of their current one ending, you have guaranteed another week/month/year of revenue from that client, bringing your CLV up. (Customer Lifetime Value)
Some examples of this are;
- Free Trial > Recurring Membership
- Fixed Term Plan > Fixed Term Plan
- Fixed Term Plan > Recurring Membership
- Recurring Membership (with an end date) > Fixed Term Plan
Requirements Consecutive Memberships
- The clients' existing membership must have an end date.
- The 'Consecutive Membership' can't be a restricted plan, i.e., a weekly membership with two credits per week. (This feature is coming soon)
- You can stack as many 'Consecutive Memberships' together as you need
- Clients can't book into a 'Consecutive Membership' before it starts (This feature is coming soon)
- You can cancel a future 'Consecutive Membership' without it affecting the existing membership plan
- 'Consecutive Memberships' are also available in the Glofox Pro app
- 'Consecutive Memberships' are not available for clients to purchase themselves; they are currently only available to staff to purchase on their clients' behalf
How to set up Consecutive Memberships
To set up a 'Consecutive Membership' from the dashboard follow these steps;
- Pull up the client's profile that you wish to add a 'Consecutive Membership' to, this can be down from the 'Clients' tab or from 'Global Search' (Ensure they have an active membership with an end date already in place)
- Click on the 'Membership' tab within their profile
- Click the 'Add New Membership +' button on the right-hand side of the page
- Select the membership you want to assign to them and click 'Purchase'
- Add in the payment method (you can also add in the member of staff that is taking the sale)
- Click ' Proceed with Transaction'
Next steps and additional support
For more information on memberships, read the below article;
For additional support reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.