- Recurring class bookings overview and benefits
Recurring class bookings overview and benefits
You can now make block or recurring class bookings for your clients using the ‘Book multiple’ option when booking a class from the calendar. Having the option to set up a block or recurring booking has several advantages:
- Reward loyal clients: guarantee a spot for your regular clients in their preferred class and improve overall customer satisfaction
- Save administration time: reduce time spent booking individual classes, and create time for other important aspects of your gym/studio
- Improved projections: have better visibility of future bookings to help understand forward demand and staff scheduling
- For the initial release, Recurring Class Bookings will be available for staff on the dashboard and will support unlimited memberships only
- Support for the member app, credit packs, PAYG and restricted memberships will be available next year
Instructions for setting up a recurring class booking
- On the dashboard, navigate to the calendar
- Select the class you want to book from the calendar
- Hit ‘Book member’ and search for the client
- Select the ‘Book multiple’ button
- Select one or multiple days
- Select a time from the dropdown for each day
- Choose a date you would like the recurring classes to end
- Hit ‘check availability’ to see whether all classes are available to book. Classes that are unavailable will need to be booked separately.
- Once you’re happy with the available classes, hit ‘book’ and wait for the booking or reservation confirmation
- The class bookings will commence from the date of the class selected on the calendar
- The recurring class bookings will finish at the membership expiry date, or at the selected end date when creating the booking (whichever comes first)
Confirmed bookings vs. reservations
A reservation is a new concept which is required to facilitate recurring class bookings. Reservations are used for classes that are further out. Your clients shouldn’t notice the difference between a confirmed booking and a reservation - it’s still a guaranteed spot in the class. Once the reservation reaches the bookable window (i.e. the schedule that is set by the studio in class settings), the reservation will be converted into a confirmed booking.
There are certain instances where the reservation may fail to convert into a confirmed booking. This may happen due to the following reasons:
- The membership is no longer valid i.e. classes on the membership have changed
- The payment fails
- The client’s account is in a locked or paused state
What happens if a reservation fails to turn into a confirmed booking?
If the booking fails to convert, the booking will be cancelled and it will be released for other clients to book. For the initial release, the member will not receive a cancellation email, however, this update will be available in the near future. In the meantime, the member can view their upcoming bookings on the Web Portal and the Member App and cancel any confirmed bookings if necessary.
Next steps and additional support
For additional support, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.