This article will take you through;
How to create an Apple Developer Account
You may need to set up a developer account if you have purchased the 'Standalone App'
STEP 1: Get a D-U-N-S number
D_U_N_S number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies business entities on a location-specific basis. Assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), the D-U-N-S Number is widely used as a standard business identifier.
If you do not already have a D-U-N-S number, please follow the links below to get one. If your country is not listed, in a search engine search for "D-U-N-S number" with "Your Country."
- USA - https://www.dnb.com/
- Canada - https://www.dnb.com/ca-en/
- UK - https://www.dnb.co.uk
- Ireland - https://www.dnb.com/ie/
- Hong Kong - http://www.dnb.com.hk/
- Singapore - http://www.dnb.com.sg/
- Australia - http://dnb.com.au/
STEP 2: Create your Apple Developer Account
You can follow the link below to create your developer account.
Follow these steps to create your Apple Developer Account;
- Create an Apple ID. If you already have an Apple ID, you can log in. Your Apple ID will need two-factor authentication turned on. To learn more about two-factor authentication, click here
- Agree to the 'Terms and Conditions'
- You will then be asked to choose with which "Entity" you will develop the app. The choices you will see are;
- Individual, Sole Proprietor, Single Person Business
- Nonprofit Organization
- Accredited Educational Institution
- Government Organization.
You must create the account as a Corporate/Organization
4. You will then be prompted to prove that you have the authority to sign legal documents on behalf of the organization. You can decide to be an 'Owner' or a 'Representative'
- As the owner, all you have to do is input your work email address
- As a representative, you have to input your work email address. You will also have to input the first name, last name, job title, work email address, and phone number of someone in the company who can verify that you have the authority to sign legal documents
5. You must then give the organization's details;
- Legal Entity Name
- DUNS Number
- The business' website
- The phone number of the Headquarter' office.
- Tax ID/National ID number of the business (optional)
You will be prompted to pay the $99 US/$149 AUD fee and will be given an Enrollment ID. This ID can be used if contacting Apple Support. You can also find answers to your developer account queries by going directly to support.apple.com
STEP 3: Add Glofox to your Apple Developer Account
- Log in to the Apple Developer Console - https://developer.apple.com/account
- Click +
- Click on 'People'
- Click on 'Go to App Store Connect'
- Click on 'Invite'
- Add [email protected] with 'Admin' rights
- Tick the box under 'Developer Resources' to allow us to create your app's certificates
- Immediately after sending the invitation, please email your Glofox Customer Onboarding Manager at [email protected] with the subject-line 'Invitation Sent' to let us know these steps have been taken
Next steps and additional support
Once you have this step done, you may want to learn more about customizing your your 'Standalone App', find out more about that here;
For additional support, reach out to [email protected], and we will be happy to assist you.